Christmas can be an expensive time of year and it’s easy to get carried away. From gifts and decorations to lashings of fine festive food and partywear, The Promenades Shopping Centre has compiled a comprehensive guide to thrifty shopping, to ensure you have everything you need this Christmas without breaking the bank.
1. He’s making a list and checking it twice – Just like Santa, it’s important to make a list. Ensure you know who you need to buy for and do some research before you hit the shops to avoid panic-buying.
2. Buy more for your buck – Look out for offers where you can secure gifts for a few people at once. Many of our stores have some brilliant offers in store, including 3 for 2 offers, so make sure you make the most of it.
3. Free Parking – Take advantage of other offers that save you that little bit extra.
4. Arrange the turkey in advance – It’s never too early to get the turkey ordered and if you shop around in advance you’re more likely to get the best deal.
5. Deck the halls (or just one hall each year) – Buy a few decorations each year to build up your collection without breaking the bank. This means you can have a slightly new look every year, but without spending too much. Poundland has some great baubles available already and at just £1 each are a real bargain.
6. Clever Clothing Tricks – Invest in one staple wardrobe piece and a few accessories to change and update the look – you’ll feel as though you have a new outfit on for your Christmas do, going out with friends and Christmas Day with the family without having to buy three outfits. We have a great range of clothing stores including New Look, Peacocks, Select and Store Twenty One, so you can be sure to find the perfect outfit for the big day.
7. Share the load – Take turns with friends to host a buffet after Christmas – you can all get rid of your excess turkey and it means you can share the cost of party food between Christmas and New Year.
8.Listen online – Regularly check the website and social media channels of your local shopping centre. At this time of year there are lots of updates on opening hours, New Year Sales and the latest discount offers so you can be the first to see what’s going on and to get to the shops when the best discounts land.
9. Don’t leave it all to the last minute! Plan in advance and explore the shops during extended opening hours. Our Christmas opening hours can be found here.
10. Charity begins at home – Take the kids to see Santa at The Promenades this year. Bridlington Lions has set up a lovely grotto for the children to come each weekend and visit the man himself, with only a donation to the club required for entry.